Wow, the summer has flown by! I can’t believe it’s school time again, but why not take one last chance to throw a party before the hustle and bustle of the school year kicks in?
I pulled together some ideas I found online that will hopefully inspire you to put on a fun back-to-school bash. I also created a blank invitation you can print from this link. Just print, cut and fill in the information.
- Have each child bring $5 of school supplies to provide to a local school supply drive for those in need.
- Buy a pencil or crayon pinata and fill with pencil tops, erasers, stickers, crayons and candy.
- I love the idea of a centerpiece made with paper airplanes (see pic below from Rachel Ray), you could even have the kids make their own paper airplanes and have a contest to see which plane can go the longest distance.
- I picked up the crayon-branded items below from Michaels. Right now they have these in the dollar section – cute note pads shaped like crayon boxes, lunch-box notes shaped like crayons. I got these for my nephew and sister (she’s a teacher) but they would make great party favors as well.
- The apple-themed cupcakes are adorable (from Martha Stewart) and tiny chalkboard accents would pull the theme together so well (think of a buffet with item names written on chalkboards)