Hey there – I’m back! I’ve been gone since December, and I’ve missed writing. It seems like a day didn’t pass which I thought of something to write about, but just didn’t have the time. But I do miss it here, so hoping to return to the land of my blog, my thoughts, now. Several things have gotten in the way of my blog, but I’m going to work through those barriers. I miss it here too much.
1. I’m getting old. I can’t stay up all hours of the night like I used to. That’s when I did my best blogging, but now I’m lucky if I make it until 11:00 with my eyes open. But I need to be sure to make time, to take time, because I do miss my blog friends and community.
2. House projects have slowed. I’m not doing a lot of creative work on the house right now. That gave a lot of fun content for the blog, but I’m really in fix-up mode to prepare to hopefully sell next year and move into something with more room, and DEFINITELY a screened-in porch to keep the mosquitoes away – and a huge backyard for Lucy and Walker to play. These projects aren’t fun and most are ones I’m having to hire someone else to do – like replace the whole back door and paint all of the trim (I don’t do trim).
3. Work. It is crazy ridiculous at work – but that’s a good thing – but I don’t have much time to think anymore – it’s just go go go…and when I get home, I really am not in the mood to get back on the computer.
4. I’m reading books more. Well, reading, listening – same thing. I’m up to 9 books so far this year – and I’ve joined Audible and loving everything about that.
5. Netflix. OMG what did we do before Netflix? I’ve watch all of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and currently watching Dexter. I mean, it is so addictive, right? And you get immediate gratification with another episode right after you finish one! I’ve also watched and am caught up on Game of Thrones and my most favorite show was True Detective and I can’t wait for the next season. I’m also thinking about watching Grey’s Anatomy from the beginning (who else misses Denny?) and my sister loves The Walking Dead and I’m thinking about that one too.
6. Summertime – lots of beachtime this year – it’s been great! Walker and I have been to the beach 5 times this summer and I also took a week trip to San Diego for work which was a blast! I can’t believe it is almost August.
7. Basketball – finally over for the season, taking a bit of a break until the rec leagues start up in December, but still working on training on Sundays. Walker still loves it as much as ever and it’s so much fun watching them play. We just got back from Myrtle Beach and the nationals tournament and they had a great time – there were some tough games, but great experience. !
Geez – I’ve been wondering what my distractions have been, but I guess I see it now!
Here are a couple of pics to show you what we’ve been up to. That’s it for now…talk more soon, k?